One of the best things about warmer weather is picnics! Use one of these 5 ideas for making a book inspired picnic or create one of your own!
Any of the Curious George books would work well for this picnic, but our favorite Curious George book is Curious George Visits the Zoo. George gets in a little trouble stealing some bananas from the zookeepers, but he saves the day when he uses them to rescue a little boy's balloon.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
- Monkey munch (granola)
- Yellow Hat cheese slices
- Jungle juice (juice or flavored water)
The Rainbow Fish is the classic story about how the Rainbow Fish learns that being beautiful is not nearly as important as sharing with your friends. (See more activities for The Rainbow Fish)
- Rainbow fruit kabobs
- Wise octopus string cheese
- Fish scales (crackers with a few wrapped in tin foil)
- Sea water (any drink with fizz)
3. The Lorax
The Lorax by Dr. Suess is a classic and has a great message about ecology.
- Lorax mustache sandwiches (pita or flatbread sandwiches)
- Trees (broccoli)
- Trufulla fruit (grapes)
- Trufulla fruit juice (juice) or fresh butterfly milk (milk)
4. The 3 Little Pigs
Who doesn't love The Three Little Pigs???
- Straw (Spaghetti salad-mix cold spaghetti with Italian dressing and fresh veggies)
- Sticks (Carrot & celery sticks)
- Bricks (Rice Krispie treats)
- Wolf teeth (Bugles)
- Pig punch (pink lemonade)
5. Hey, Little Ant
What's a picnic without ants? This ant themed picnic would be perfect with any ant book like Hey, Little Ant, Ant and Grasshopper, or Two Bad Ants.
- Ants on a log (celery spread with peanut butter or cream cheese and sprinkled with raisins)
- Ants made from hard boiled eggs and straws
- Ant antennae (pretzel sticks)
- Bug juice (fruit juice)
Check out our picnic craft too!