A couple of Thanksgivings ago my sister gave Drew a copy of 10 Fat Turkeys. This is a silly one and we read it all year long. It's about 10 turkeys sitting on a fence. They start goofing around (you know how turkeys are) and one by one they fall off the fence until there are none left. Then they climb a tree to continue their shenanigans.
This is the perfect book for some puppets. Drew puts on the gloves and as each turkey falls off the fence, he puts a finger down. He loves it.
- brown gloves (I got mine from the dollar store.)
- pipe cleaners (also dollar store)
- orange foam sheet (yes, dollar store) or felt
- google eyes (you guessed it, dollar store!)
- glue gun (I started with liquid stitch, lost patience and went straight for the trusty glue gun. Yes, also available at the dollar store.)
Attach the google eyes, beak (orange foam sheet cut into a triangle), and a piece of red pipe cleaner for the waddle to the front. Repeat 10 times. I put a jumbo craft stick into each finger to make it easier to work with and also to ensure that I didn't glue the finger of the glove shut.