We recently discovered a new fall favorite. Leaves is an adorable story about a young bear's first year. When the leaves start to fall, he becomes concerned and tries to put them back on the trees. Eventually he grows sleepy, makes a bed of leaves, and wakes in the spring to new leaves. With simple text and gorgeous illustrations this is the perfect book to use when talking about seasons, hibernation, or leaves.
Luckily, last week's Kid's Co-op was full of leaf ideas. Any one of them would make a perfect extension activity for this book!
Leaf puppets (and more!) at The Chirping Moms
2. Leaf animals at Mommy, Play with Me!
3. Leaf book (and table decor) at Blog Me Mom
4. Leaf rubbings (and extension activities) at In Lieu of Preschool
5. Leaf number match at JDaniel4's Mom
6. Leaf collages at Pen Pals & Picture Books
7. Leaf creatures at Putti's World
8. Painted leaves at Zayit and Ziva
9. Leaf prints at Buggy and Buddy
10. Leaf sail boats at Reading Confetti
If real leaves aren't your thing, you can still create your own fall window display at Sunnydaytodaymama.
And if all else fails, what's more fun than jumping into a big pile of freshly raked leaves?
I've pinned these to the Kid's Co-op Pinterest Board (and you can find a featured button on my buttons page if you'd like one.)
Thanks so much to everybody who linked up last week! Can't wait to see what you've got this week!