Though we read several of her books this month, we chose Spoon for our activity. Spoon thinks his friends have it so much better than he does. He doesn't get to cut and spread like Knife. He doesn't get to go practically everywhere like Fork, and he's not cool and exotic like Chopsticks. Then he finds out that his friends think Spoon is the lucky one. He gets to be silly and bang on a pot, unlike Knife who is always handled so seriously. Fork wishes he could measure things like Spoon. There's lots of lessons in this humorous book - be happy with what you have, accept yourself and your own unique gifts, the grass is always greener, etc.
play the spoons.
3. Practice using a knife. Since my kids are younger, we used plastic knives.
5. Balance something on a spoon (plastic Easter eggs work great). Run a race while balancing it. Or jump up and down. Or go through an obstacle course.
7. Get out the play dough (the edible kind would be fun) and find some fun things in your kitchen utensil drawer. Practice using them on the play dough. See what kind of prints they make in the dough.
9. Learn how to hang a spoon from your nose.
10. Read Chopsticks by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
What book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal did you choose? Please link it up or share it on the Virtual Book Club for Kids facebook page!
Participating Blogs: Toddler Approved, Rainy Day Mum, Adventures in Reading with Kids, 3 Dinosaurs, Royal Baloo, The Educators' Spin On It, Inspiration Laboratories, Pleasantest Thing, Edventures with Kids, Two Big Two Little, Playing With Words 365, Kitchen Counter Chronicles, Outlaw Mom, Mommy and Me Book Club, Crafty Moms Share, No Twiddle Twaddle, The Good Long Road, Ready. Set. Read 2 Me, Reading Confetti, Mama Smiles, Juggling with Kids, Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas, Creekside Learning, Creative Family Fun, The Usual Mayhem, Teach Preschool, PlayDrMom, CraftoArt, Here Come the Girls, Being a Conscious Parent, Smiling like Sunshine, Crayon Freckles, Train Up a Child
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Linking to Kid Lit Blog Hop