Of course, it worked like a charm and all my kids eat now is carrots. Well, no, not really. But I decided to try a new veggie recipe for dinner, this one from Family Fun. I have to be honest and admit that the kids didn't help me make it. There was too much grating of
Veggie Pancakes (I called them space ships because if they heard "pancakes" I knew the syrup was going to come out-more sugar!- and "veggie", well...)
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini with the water squeezed out (doesn't it sound healthy already?)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup corn kernels, drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal (I used regular because that's all I could find.)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1/3 cup sour cream
Here are the reviews:
My one year old would take a bite, yell "Like it!", and then spit it out.
My three year old wouldn't even try it. He must have smelled a
My husband said they were "okay".
I liked it but that's a lot for just one person to eat on their own, even for me. Don't let that deter you from trying it though. They don't like 90% of what I make. Or skip the recipe and read the book. It's a good one, I promise.
How do you get your kids to eat their veggies?